Mentor Lunch - Thursday
Students and emerging planning professionals are invited to participate in a "Mentor Lunch" on Thursday, 1:00 to 2:00. Planners from various specialties will share their experiences, advice, and answer questions you may have as you enter the planning field. It's a great opportunity to learn about the different directions you can take in your career, to seek advice, and to network.
We will provide a light lunch. Please sign up for the lunch on the registration form.
- Philip Chester, AICP, is the town planner for Lebanon, CT, with private and public sector planning experience in CT and MA.
- John Guszkowski, AICP, LEED AP, ENV-SP, is the Lead Planner in the Community Development Group of the consulting firm CME Associates, Inc. based in Storrs, CT. John’s work has spanned numerous sectors of the public and private planning sectors.
- Nate Kelly is an Associate Principal with Horsely Witten Group, Inc., with 20 years of experience in environmental planning.
- Leslie Richardson is the Chief Economic Development Officer for the Cape Cod Commission, with over 15 years of experience in domestic and international development.
- Chris Smith of Shipman & Goodwin is a land use attorney representing municipalities and developers in Connecticut.
- Shubhada Kambli is the Sustainability Coordinator for the City of Hartford, CT. Her climate change and neighborhood revitalization experience has spanned local, state and federal levels.
- Alison LeFlore, AICP is a planner focused on incorporating sustainability and equity into the general urban planning practice.
- Neil Pade, AICP is the Director of Planning and Community Development for the Town of Canton, CT and Chair of the Connecticut Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Board.