The SNEAPA 2016 Student Poster Symposium will highlight student projects and provide an opportunity to network with professionals at the conference. Students have the opportunity to display their current or previous semester work at a highly visible location during the conference and present their work informally during a coffee and dessert symposium. It is recommended that students prepare a 3-5 minute overview of their work and be prepared to answer questions on their research.
To provide students greater exposure and provide recognition for their work, posters and presenters will be included in the materials provided to every registrant. To be included in the package, please submit your poster title, author’s (or authors’), school/affiliation, a PDF of the poster and a short abstract or description (max. 50 words) to email@example.com by September 30, 2016.
All projects should be the original work of the student or a group of students on a planning related topic such as, but not limited to: community development, economic development, environmental/sustainability planning, planning and land use, social justice, and transportation. The audience of the conference is primarily practicing professional planners, so students are especially encouraged to focus on presenting the applications and main takeaways of their research.
- Displays must reflect the work of a student or group of students on a planning related project or research topic.
- You may submit a display of work that you have already completed as part of a previous or ongoing student project, or you may submit a new display for the purpose of this conference.
- Displays should include a mix of text and visual elements to maintain the interest of viewers.
- Display size can be flexible to accommodate previously completed posters; however displays should be between 2 feet x 3 feet to 3 feet x 5 feet.
- Displays will not be hung on walls, thus should be “mountable” on a standard size easel (i.e.: attached to foam core or other hardened surface).
- Easels will be provided by the SNEAPA Conference Committee on site. Foam core will not be provided.
- To submit a display, the student must be present at the conference.
This website has excellent design guidelines for a professional style poster; however, engaging artistic and creative displays are also welcome.
The poster must include the following information: poster title and author’s name, organization/affiliation, and contact information (mailing address, telephone, and email address). Suggested poster dimensions are 24 inches x 36 inches, although accommodations may be possible for other formats if SNEAPA is notified in advance. Presenters are responsible for printing the poster and mounting or clipping on a rigid back such as foam core board. SNEAPA will provide easels for poster display on the day of the conference.
Posters must be set up at the DCU Center in Worcester, MA by 9 AM on Friday, October 21, 2016. The student presenter(s) must be available at their poster immediately following lunch (12:35 pm) on Friday, October 21 to answer questions and engage with planning professionals during the symposium. Posters must be removed by 5:15 pm on Friday, October 21st.
Immediately following lunch on Friday, October 21st, all attendees will be asked to view student posters for the 2016 Poster Symposium.
How do I submit a Student Display?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your poster title, author’s (or authors’) names, school / affiliation, a PDF of the poster, and a short abstract or description (max. 50 words). For your poster to be included in the registration packet, you must submit all of this information by September 30.
Thank you for submitting a student display! Please visit Student Activities for more information on other student opportunities offered at the SNEAPA Conference. Please email email@example.com with any questions about the poster symposium or anything else!